Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oh, just some drawings.

With one month left in this semester I'm probably going to disappear for awhile, but before I do I wanted to post some drawings I've been doing for my Drawing on Location class. We have an end-of-the-semester assignment to choose a city block and do at least nine drawings in three different stores that may relate to each other in some way. I chose to work on 25th street between 6th and 7th avenues; there are a few really great places just on this one block alone and I'm enjoying exploring them. I originally chose this area because of The City Quilter and then also found a Goodwill, an antique shop, and some great window displays that feature mannequins in crazy poses and clothes, I'm looking at you, New York Vintage. So here's what I've done so far, nearly half-way done with the project...





I may add some more detail to these if I have some time but that's a huge maybe considering the amount of work I have ahead of me for Thesis and my Digital Book class. If you don't hear from me for awhile you can pretty much bet that I'm locked in my studio with a sore hand. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment