Sunday, March 20, 2011

Napping with the aforementioned Harley blankie

My latest piece for my Growing up Biker Style book is almost complete. It's drawn from a photo taken in Wildwood in 1992 of nap time with a Harley Davidson towel; precious. I still need to clean up the pencil marks a bit but this is the basic design that I had in mind when I first put it into photoshop. Also I can't decide if I'm totally sold on having text on top of the image, but since this is a photo album-style book I thought it would work as long as it looked like actual handwriting and not type. (My grandmother is the queen of writing on photographs in ink)


I'm still practicing my script daily and hope to have it a little more perfected by the time I have this book laid out in its final stages before binding. I really haven't written in script in years so this is more difficult than it sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment