Thursday, March 24, 2011

Makin' my way around the block

Hello, hello! It's been a tedious week over here in the studio as I've been preparing my next spread for my Growing up Biker Style book. The idea is to lay out my neighborhood and draw in countless parked motorcycles all up and down Mair Ave. This is a true story, my friends, and the only thing to be said is "word got out."

Since this is such a meticulous piece that would normally drive me completely bonkers, I'm seriously taking my time on it, only working on it in the studio (and working on looser drawings at home) and switching back and forth leisurely from looking up reference, measuring, drawing, painting, second coating, etc.

Here is my work in progress, about four hours in or so...



And don't worry - as soon as it's done you'll be the first to know.

Lastly, before I go, I want to throw in this photo I've been using for reference just for fun.. it really makes me want to go on a motorcycle trip to Laconia! Like father like daughter..


No comments:

Post a Comment