Sunday, February 19, 2012

Recent drawing on location favorites

This past Friday in class we had the amazingly talented Afro Jersey come in to play music and for our drawing pleasure (If you are at all into having your spirits lifted, you should check them out. Their music is extremely positive and these guys have the heartiest laughs I've ever heard). Since they were in pretty much the same "pose" all afternoon I started doing some blind contours to make things interesting and they ended up being my favorite drawings from the whole day...


I added the lettering after I got home and I could live with or without it but nonetheless it needed something in that spot, it was screaming for their name. I also started playing with some of my other outlines and ended up making this...


...which is obviously destined to be turned into a flashing neon sign. But really, they all had such great features which is why I started sketching their silhouettes in the first place...the whole project was just super fun to do!

And last but certainly not least, I wanted to post this little gem of a drawing that I did at the Metropolitan Opera House backstage tour. This was our adorable guide, Brett, who we all had more drawings of than the MET itself. Maybe it was his bright red plaid jacket that was so perfect (sadly I didn't capture it in this sketch) or maybe it was his never ending knowledge and passion for all things opera, but either way he really was the ultimate tour guide and subject to draw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment