Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is for Matt and all of his A+ spelling skills

Since I'm currently on break and being on a break is about doing what you want to do, not what you have to do, I took a break yesterday from trying to get ahead on classwork and made a little something for Matt instead. I've been meaning to do it for literally over two years, but didn't have a good surface for it/never had the time/when I did have the time was just being plain lazy. Well here it finally is, a little hand lettered painting, inspired by a sign we had seen when we first started dating but refused to pay a ridiculous price for..


We actually found this piece of wood (which is probably a cutting board) when garbage picking in a rich neighborhood (thanks for the inspiration Uncle Chuck!) and as soon as I saw it I knew it'd be perfect for this sign. It's a pretty good size too, about twenty inches tall, making this the largest thing I've made willingly in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment